This course is intended for “Supervised Gas Fitters”, Maintainers, Technicians or Engineers responsible for “Type B” Gas Appliance maintenance and integrity.
This course provides companies with a path to compliance with Energy Safety (WA) licensing requirements, for personnel working on “Type B” appliances, to receive industrial gas fitting training. “Type B” appliances include: gas fired boilers, kilns, calciners, dryers, roasters, inert gas generators and gas turbines.
The course is usually conducted on-site, enabling us to visit and incorporate the on-site “Type B” appliances into the training and familiarise personnel with their own gas installation.
This course can be combined with our “Supervised Gasfitters” Training Course if required (giving a combined duration of 2 days).
By itself, this course runs over one day.
The course is structured to Energy Safety (ES) WA guidelines.
- Explain methods of isolating and de-pressuring gas systems in accordance with permit-to-work principles
- Identify gas systems that require “purging”, before carrying out any maintenance work
- Explain the design concepts of gas valve trains
- Explain why gas pressure regulation is important for safety and combustion;
- Understand the primary cause of explosions, safe air/gas ratio, critical energy/critical time and purpose of measuring excess air
- Explain the principles of operation of a burner management system (BMS)
- Select suitable “approved” components for “like for like” replacement
- Specify critical instruments and importance of set point data
- Determine pressure (soundness) testing requirements on completion of work
The cost of this course will be outlined in a written proposal, following discussions. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
For more information or to book a session, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 08 9288 0682.